Sunday, April 14, 2013

Temporary Foreign Workers and Canadian Youth Unemployment

With many recent outbursts from the Canadian public on the claims, whether founded or not, and allegations of the corporate face of the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), mining companies such as HD Mining, Tim Hortons, McDonalds, A&W for hiring of temporary foreign workers when it's obvious that Canada has a high unemployment rate, especially for our Youth. I felt compelled to post so I could ask some questions. Something was missing in the articles specific to  the stories. Al

I wonder if  you're willing to go face-to-face with those companies rather than posting a rant about Stephen Harper, politics and government agencies.  If you are the person who applied for a job with a company and didn't even get a call, why am I not reading about You?  You are the most important factor here.

To give you an idea of why I am stating the above:

I read a recent article that states the Youth in British Columbia has an unemployment rate of 14.5% and the Student I read about was from SFU (Simon Fraser University). He spoke that he wasn't getting even a response from sending out his resume, but I wonder what companies he is sending it to?

Is it one of the names on the list of 4000 employers that says they are being forced to hire temporary foreign workers? 

Who are you?
What company did you apply to?
Tell me your story, I want to know.
 
And for those that make a comment, let me know if you went to your MP (Member of Parliament) or are you just typing comments of your outrage on the keyboard? MP's are there for a reason, use it.

This post is to open conversation not to hinder it or to invite hateful remarks. And if you own a company and you have used this program, go ahead, I want you to have an open dialogue too!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that contain hateful, racist or otherwise offensive material, words and or attached images will be removed. Other than that, go ahead!