Saturday, January 26, 2013

Give Me Chocolate Chip Cookies or Give Me Death

Last Christmas was my first year that I did any baking at all.  I don't usually celebrate that Holiday but what the hell, I had a lot of the ingredients on hand so off the search on (what I like to sweetly call it) the Google Machine.  Oh my God!  Never, ever type in : The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Ever!.  You will get slapped in the face with a dizzying, plethora of choices.  I guess I have no right to complain because I found a great one. 

The blog states that this recipe is for a fluffy, cake-like Cookie using Cornstarch. That's what drew me to it.  
Okay that's not exactly true, it was the description and the pictures. I couldn't wait to try it myself.

Out came the Butter which was not as thawed or soft as I had hoped for, but I did finally cream it with the sugar.  This recipe calls for quite a few eggs which I found sort of strange but I kept mixing.  And stupidly I thought "hell, I should just double the recipe" and I started adding again.  I don't like super-sweet things so I used dark chocolate chips.

I have to say that I am not as muscular as I once was yet I can muster quite a bit of strength, but I was starting to almost feel like I was going to break a sweat mixing it all together.

Oh and then I saw it. She used a mixer, probably a KitchenAid.

I hate Kitchen Aid Mix-Masters with their moody color palettes , only because I don't own one and all my Friends post on Facebook with banner-waving bragging that they, the chosen ones, have received one through the Magic Cooking Deities.   


I prepared my pan with parchment paper. It's the Lazy-Person's Savior.  Actually, it's just smart.

Here's what they look at this stage.




                                And here's what they look like after they've been baked.



I can tell you that these were the most delicious cookies I've ever tried. They were light and cakey rather than the flat, dense cookies that we usually try.

I found my recipe on the net from  http://kirbiecravings.com/

Here's the recipe:


Chocolate Chip Cookies with cornstarch



Ingredients:

3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks (I used one cup of chocolate chips)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cream together butter and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and blend in. Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
3. Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.

Then when they are done, give them away to your Friends who will eat all of them in front of you, Success!!! (Seriously, this happened).

And just remember; Eating a whole bowl of cookie dough is NOT healthy for you!

2 comments:

Comments that contain hateful, racist or otherwise offensive material, words and or attached images will be removed. Other than that, go ahead!